If you plan on being on school property this year, it’s important to know the relevant firearms laws. The punishment for breaking some of these laws is severe, so take a few minutes to review the chart below and please forward this on to your friends and family who could benefit from it.
|TEXAS||With License||Without a License|
|Can I Legally Carry a Concealed Handgun On the Premises of a K-12 School?||No, unless the handgun is carried pursuant to written school regulations or authorization.||No|
|Can I Legally Carry an Open Handgun On the Premises of a K-12 School?||No||No|
|Can I Legally Carry a Concealed Handgun Onto the Premises of a University?||Not until “Campus Carry” goes into effect on August 1, 2016.||No|
|Can I Legally Carry a Handgun at a School Event?||No, unless the handgun is carried pursuant to written school regulations or authorization.||No|
|Can I Legally Have a Concealed Handgun in the Car When I Drop My Child Off on School Property?||Yes||Yes|
Can I Legally Carry a Concealed Hand on the Premises of a K-12 School?
- No, it is a felony to carry a concealed handgun onto the premises of a K-12 school.
- But there is an exception…
- A person may carry a concealed handgun on the premises if given written authorization by the school. Texas Penal Code §46.03(a)(1)
Can I Legally Have My Gun in a Motor Vehicle While Dropping My Kids Off at School?
- Yes, a person may keep a concealed handgun in their motor vehicle while on school property with or without a license. Texas Penal Code §46.035(f)(3)
Can I Legally Have My Gun While Walking on a School Sidewalk?
- Yes, because a school sidewalk is not considered a school’s This means that a license holder may legally carry their concealed handgun on the sidewalk or walkway, driveway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking areas. Texas Penal Code §46.035(f)(3)
What About a University or College Campus?
- No, a person cannot carry into the premises of a university or college campus.
- But wait, there’s good news! Beginning August 1, 2016, a license holder may carry a concealed handgun on a university campus.However, a university may prohibit concealed carry in specific locations by posting a 30.06 sign.
- Campus Carry goes into effect for Junior Colleges on August 1, 2017. S.B. 11
Garcinia Cambogia this approximately same means as m many others which use presently. It is also possible to remember about Cambogia Garcinia which very easy to do and requirement big.
The post What Does Texas Law Say About Firearms On School Property? appeared first on U.S. & Texas LawShield.