Dog Recovers after Epic Ammo Swallow

Law Shield is happy to report that Benno, a Belgian Malinois, will recover after eating 23 live rounds of .308 Win. Ammo.

The Baxter Bulletin, a daily newspaper serving Mountain Home, Arkansas and Baxter County, Arkansas, and surrounding areas, reported that the dog got into a bag of ammo left out by his owner, Larry Brassfield of Mountain Home.

Veterinarian Dr. Sarah Sexton removed 17 live .308 rounds from the dog’s stomach. The dog had vomited up other rounds, and the vet left two rounds in the dog’s esophagus, which were later passed naturally.

Lesson for our members: It’s always a good idea to secure all guns and ammo where children, criminals — and pets — can’t get at them.

The post Dog Recovers after Epic Ammo Swallow appeared first on U.S. & Texas LawShield.